It’s April – and that means it’s Keep America Beautiful® Month!
You don’t have to wait until Earth Day to join us and our more than 600 state and community-based affiliates, local partners, businesses, public officials and millions of volunteers to celebrate Keep America Beautiful Month.
Here are 10 ways to #DoBeautifulThings and help Keep America Beautiful fulfill a vision in which every community is a clean, green and beautiful place to live this month and every month:
- Participate in the Great American Cleanup®, the nation’s largest community improvement program, which kicks into high gear every spring in tens of thousands of communities across the country and continues through June 20. Find a local Keep America Beautiful Affiliate using the Affiliate Search Map or organize your own event in your neighborhood.
- Download the #cleanYOURblock Volunteer Guide here.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be inspired by photos and stories of community improvement projects taking place across the country … led by people just like you!
- Share photos of you along with friends and family participating in a local Great American Cleanup event to show how you are helping to Keep America Beautiful. Be sure to use #cleanYOURblock in your posts so we can see and “like” them!
- Be part of the “plogging” trend this spring! Plogging combines jogging with intermittent squatting, offering exercise benefits while supporting your community and the environment. Here are some tips to bring plogging to your community.
- Take the #BeRecycled Pledge and check out the many ways Keep America Beautiful is working to Improve Recycling in America. By educating and engaging individuals to recycle more of the right things the right way — at home, at work and on-the-go — we can help make recycling more economically viable, creating jobs and providing recyclables to manufacture new products and packaging, while continuing to reap greater environmental and community benefits
- No Keep America Beautiful affiliate in your community? Join us! Keep America Beautiful has two options for affiliation: A community may form an affiliate with no existing organization currently in place or form through migration from an existing community improvement organization.
- Take steps to reduce, reuse and recycle during spring cleaning! Before you start #TidyingUp with Marie Kondo, you might be surprised to find that many of the items you could have sworn were destined for the garbage or giveaway tables can actually enjoy a useful second life. Find out more here.
- Learn about the Cigarette Litter Prevention Program and see how we’ve helped reduce cigarette litter, the #1 form of litter, by an average of more than 50% in the communities in which the program has been implemented.
- Donate to Keep America Beautiful to help us continue to make a lasting environmental, economic and social impact on communities nationwide.