17 Ways to Make a Difference this America Recycles Day
This America Recycles Day®, a Keep America Beautiful® national program that takes place on and around Nov. 15, you can make a meaningful difference by taking these small steps to reduce waste and increase your impact.
Share these tips with your friends and followers and encourage everyone to celebrate recycling!
5 Ways to #BeRecycled
1. Take the #BeRecycled Pledge. Commit to reducing, reusing, and recycling on Nov. 15, and throughout the year.
2. Follow the three R’s of recycling: reduce, reuse, and recycle. Reduce your waste, reuse materials and items before buying something new, and recycle properly.
3. Buy products made with recycled content to help “close the loop” and support the recycling industry.
4. Know your waste stream. Check your local recycling program to see what you can and can’t recycle. This helps reduce contamination, which happens when certain materials are put in the recycling bin (like plastic bags and film, which need to be brought to a collection bin at a grocery or retail outlet for recycling), or when materials are not properly cleaned, such as when food residue remains on recyclable packaging.
5. Recycle wherever you are – at home, on the go, and at work. One tip to ensure easy proper recycling at work is to keep a recycling bin in any location where there is a trash can.
You can find the full list of recycling tips here.
For more information and resources on America Recycles Day, click here.
Sponsors of this year’s America Recycles Day include Title Sponsor Cox Enterprises, as well as American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA), Coors Light, Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), International Bottled Water Association (IBWA), Macerich, Mars Wrigley Confectionery, Northrop Grumman Corporation, The Recycling Partnership (TRP) and Waste Management.