Keep America Beautiful has embraced a remote work policy to attract the best and brightest from all over America. If you live within 60 miles of Stamford, you will work at our national headquarters. Keep America Beautiful’s national headquarters is walking distance from the Stamford Metro-North train station with a shuttle bus also available. The office features a free parking garage and gym in the building and is conveniently located near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
What You Will Get
You will be a member of a passionate team dedicated to the fulfillment of KAB’s mission. Just as KAB envisions a country in which every community is a clean, green, and a beautiful place to live, we also strive for our organization to be a beautiful place to work. We believe that it is intrinsic rewards that motivate employees sustainably, but respect the need for extrinsic rewards which would include but are not limited to:
- Very Competitive Pay for the non-profit sector
- Generous Employee Benefits Package
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 403b Program
- Paid Holidays
Current job openings:
Keep America Beautiful: Director, Corporate Initiatives – Keep America Beautiful Communities Co-Lead
Location: NY, DC, CT, CA, TX, or REMOTE (with close proximity to a major metropolitan area)
About Us and the Role
Keep America Beautiful®, the nation’s largest community-based nonprofit organization, inspires and educates
people to act every day to improve their environment. For more than 65 years, Keep America Beautiful has
worked to end littering, improve recycling, and beautify America’s communities. Keep America Beautiful
contributes to the health and well-being of communities through the work and passion of nearly 700 Keep
America Beautiful affiliates nationwide, millions of volunteers and the collaborative support of our corporate
partners, social and civic service organizations, academia, municipalities, elected officials, and individuals. Our
methodology is informed by a science-backed consumer behavior model for change that has proven effective in
delivering results that beautify and unify communities to transform the nation.
We are seeking an exceptional fundraising professional to join our development team to work with
corporations and local Keep America Beautiful affiliates to support the mission of Keep America Beautiful
through program support, philanthropic support, cause marketing, and sponsorships as a Keep America
Beautiful Communities Co-lead.
As a leader on the Development team, the Director, Corporate Initiatives – Keep America Beautiful Communities
Co-Lead (“Director/Co-Lead”) will report directly to the Senior Director, Development or the Chief Development
Officer. The Keep America Beautiful Communities initiative is a multi-year, multi-stakeholder collaborative
initiative to Clean and Green America by 2025. The goal is to raise $125 million to Beautify and Unify
Communities across the country to Transform the Nation. The Director/Co-Lead will be expected to meet annual
revenue targets by identifying and securing corporate and corporate foundation gifts and partnerships, as well
as manage relationships with these partners with assistance from a Regional Director or Partnership Manager.
What You Will Bring, Do, and Own
● You will own the generation of corporate and corporate foundation partnerships resulting in revenue,
marketing exposure, and other benefits for Keep America Beautiful, its Communities Initiative, and the
Keep America Beautiful national affiliate network.
● You will cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective 6-7-figure corporate donors/partners to support Keep
America Beautiful and the movement through sponsorships, program and philanthropic support, and
● You will collaborate work in conjunction with Regional Directors, COO, and affiliates to ensure
partnerships are activated, relationships are managed appropriately, and stewardship plans are
implemented all resulting in contract renewals. (Day-to-day management of partnership managed by
● You will develop, support, and enhance the creation of the Keep America Beautiful Communities
strategy, timeline, budget, and presentation materials; audit existing assets/benefits, create new
assets/benefits with program, marketing, development teams and affiliates to create
packages/opportunities for each component of the Keep America Beautiful Communities initiative.
● You will own the research, cultivation, and securing of event fundraising support including Keep America
Beautiful webinar series, National Conference, annual Vision for America Award event, employee
engagement activities, P2P, and special events sponsors.
● You will interact with Keep America Beautiful board members and senior leadership representatives to
cultivate corporate partnerships, create best strategy and connectivity for each prospect; Lead and/or
support meetings/presentations with prospects; Act as development lead for Keep America Beautiful
Communities advisory team; Work with all appropriate team members to maximize strategy to achieve
$280 million 10-year goal.
Who You Are
● You have the ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to
prospects, donors and other stakeholders.
● You have a keen ability to ideate and develop comprehensive donor concept papers and proposals, and
create and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
● You have a proven track record in supporting organizational leadership in donor cultivation,
communications, and events.
● You have very high emotional intelligence (E.Q.), possibility thinking, and problem-solving ability.
● You have an ability to meet deadlines, prioritize conflicting needs; handle requests and projects
expeditiously, proactively, and follow them through to successful completion, often with deadline
● You have outstanding communication and organizational skills with an ability to work effectively with
● You have excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills; careful attention to details
● You are ok with occasional travel, nationally and/or locally (approximately 20% of the time).
● You have a demonstrated passion for mission of Keep America Beautiful and its national movement;
interest/knowledge in environmental issues.
Experience and Certifications You Will Need
● Minimum of 7-10 years of corporate fundraising experience with progressively increasing responsibility
and a proven track record.
● Demonstrated success in securing 6- and 7-figure gifts.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), virtual platforms (Microsoft Teams,
RingCentral, Zoom, etc.), and experience with web-based case management / CRM software.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; master’s degree a plus.
● Experience with national or global federated organizational model, a plus.
What You Will Get
You will be a member of a passionate team dedicated to the fulfillment of the Keep America Beautiful mission.
Just as Keep America Beautiful envisions a country in which every community is a clean, green, and a beautiful
place to live, we also strive for our organization to be a beautiful place to work. We believe that it is intrinsic
rewards that motivate employees sustainably, but respect the need for extrinsic rewards which would include
but are not limited to:
● Very Competitive Pay for the non-profit sector
● Generous Employee Benefits Package
● Maternity and Parental Leave
● 401k Program
● Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Director-
Corp Initiatives & Co-Lead” in the subject line of the email when applying. Note that a satisfactory
background/credit check as well as a reference checks may be required as a condition of employment.
Keep America Beautiful is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Keep America is also committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation,
contact Becky Lyons, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Keep America Beautiful team!