Call for Entries: Keep America Beautiful 2019 National Awards Program Applications Open for Individuals and Organizations Dedicated to Transforming Public Spaces Into Beautiful Places
STAMFORD, Conn. (Aug. 27, 2019) – Keep America Beautiful®, the nation’s leading community improvement nonprofit organization, announced that the application period for its annual National Awards program is officially open.
The Keep America Beautiful National Awards program annually recognizes and honors its network of community-based affiliates and leading corporate, nonprofit and government agency partners, as well as individual volunteers across the country, for their influence and impact in championing environmentally healthy, socially connected and economically sound communities.
To honor individuals and organizations committed to creating communities that are cleaner, greener and more beautiful places to live, Keep America Beautiful opens the application period for specific categories of its National Awards to the public, while others are offered exclusively to Keep America Beautiful affiliates. The application deadline for all Keep America Beautiful National Awards is Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
The following Keep America Beautiful National Awards are open to the public:
- Lady Bird Johnson Award: Given to an outstanding female volunteer for exceptional leadership with at least 10 years of experience in helping her local community.
- Iron Eyes Cody Award: Honors an outstanding male volunteer for exceptional leadership with at least 10 years of experience in helping his local community.
- Carolyn Crayton Award: Recognizes an individual board member, company, or organization of a local Keep America Beautiful affiliate for long-standing service to that affiliate.
- Young Professional Award: Honors an outstanding volunteer, under the age of 40, who demonstrates exceptional leadership in helping his or her community.
- Community Improvement Recognition Awards: Awards will be offered in up to four categories (litter prevention; beautification/greening; recycling/waste reduction; overall community improvement) for businesses, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- Youth & Education Recognition Awards: Recognizes outstanding youth, schools and educators.
- Law Enforcement Recognition Awards: Recognizes law enforcement professionals who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service in their approaches to enforcement of environmental laws and regulations.
- Keep America Beautiful Program Awards: Honors a Keep America Beautiful affiliate, business, nonprofit or government agency for Keep America Beautiful program activations (Great American Cleanup®, America Recycles Day® or Cigarette Litter Prevention Program®) that have taken place in the last 12 months.
The following awards are open exclusively to Keep America Beautiful affiliates: Affiliate Awards; Affiliate Innovation Awards; State Affiliate Innovation Awards; Sue Smith Professional Leadership Award; William (Bill) Nash Award; and the Keep America Beautiful State Agency Partnership Award.
For details about how to apply for the Keep America Beautiful National Awards, go to the Annual Awards page on kab.org. All programs and projects submitted for consideration must have taken place within the past 12 months. Any questions about the Keep America Beautiful National Awards program should be directed to Keep America Beautiful Director of Training April Wennerstrom.
Award winners will be recognized at the Keep America Beautiful National Conference, scheduled to take place Feb. 12-14, 2020, Memphis, Tennessee.
About Keep America Beautiful
Keep America Beautiful, the nation’s leading community improvement nonprofit organization, inspires and educates people to take action every day to improve and beautify their community environment. Established in 1953, Keep America Beautiful strives to End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America’s Communities. We believe everyone has a right to live in a clean, green and beautiful community, and shares a responsibility to contribute to that vision.
Behavior change – steeped in education, research and behavioral science – is the cornerstone of Keep America Beautiful. We empower generations of community and environmental stewards with volunteer programs, hands-on experiences, educational curricula, practical advice and other resources. The organization is driven by the work and passion of more than 600 Keep America Beautiful affiliates, millions of volunteers, and the collaborative support of corporate partners, social and civic service organizations, academia, municipalities, elected officials, and individuals. Join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Donate and take action at kab.org.