Careers at KAB
ABOUT KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL
Interested in positions currently available?
Executive Director, Keep America Beautiful-Newark (KAB-N)
Reports to: Director, Eastern Region, Keep America Beautiful
Responsible for implementing and sustaining a Keep America Beautiful branch in Newark, NJ and managing the day-to-day operations including project and volunteer management, coalition building, fundraising, annual planning, and budgeting. This position is supported by Keep America Beautiful and reports to the Regional Director.
- Manage the daily operations of the Newark Keep America Beautiful (KAB) branch
- Recruit, build and sustain partnerships with community organizations, business and local government for the success of the organization
- Regularly meet with and sustain an effective advisory board comprised of government, business and civic leaders
- Routinely collaborate with KAB to effectively manage all administrative responsibilities, such as preparing and managing budgets, annual planning, meeting management and record-keeping
- Align with KAB reporting standards including completion of cost-benefit analyses, and an annual Litter Index to remain in good standing with KAB requirements
- Regularly participate in KAB organizational events and meet regularly with KAB manager to support your success, and program success
- Attend annual KAB national conferences to receive required training
- Identify, schedule and implement successful community projects important to Newark as identified by the community which may include clean ups, community parks and gardens, tree plantings, public art, etc.
- Recruit, train, collaborate with and manage volunteers.
- Serve as a contact person and clearinghouse of information on all KAB-N activities
- Work with KAB Communications team to draft press releases as needed and support development and management of a Newark media contact list
- Work with KAB Comms team to update social media accounts and posts promoting the work of KAB-Newark
- Work with KAB Development staff and board to raise funds to support programs and staff of KAB-N and respond to corporate employee engagement and partnership opportunities
- Provide stewardship to donors and key partners, including the City of Newark and funders
- Occasionally, perform other duties as determined by Keep America Beautiful.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- You reside in Newark, New Jersey and are passionate about the health and growth of your community.
- Knowledge of and relationships in the community
- Organizational management
- Financial management
- Project management
- Experience in community/volunteer management
- Effective and inspiring communicator, written and oral
- Fundraising experience
- Leadership skills: poised, persuasive, flexible, a sense of humor
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficiency and ability to handle details
- Familiarity with local media, volunteer and community networks, corporate structures, and political processes
- High energy level
- Microsoft Office skills (necessary), Adobe, Salesforce (a plus)
- Ability to meet substantial physical demands of the position, such as moving trees, soil, and mulch; lifting heavy materials and equipment, and joining volunteers in extended physical activities such as tree planting, gardening, clean ups, and mural-making.
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license applicable to job responsibilities and have a safe driving record.
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
About Keep America Beautiful Founded in 1953, Keep America Beautiful is America’s premier community improvement organization. Keep America Beautiful continues to be the most credible organization in community restoration and resiliency by focusing on public education, mobilizing volunteers, and creating partnerships.
Working at Keep America Beautiful Keep America Beautiful has embraced a remote work policy to attract the best and brightest from all over America. You may occasionally be required to work at our national headquarters in Stamford, CT.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
Additional Benefits You will be a member of a passionate team dedicated to the fulfillment of KAB’s mission. Just as KAB envisions a country in which every community is a clean, green, and a beautiful place to live, we also strive for our organization to be a beautiful place to work. We believe intrinsic rewards motivate employees sustainably, but respect the need for extrinsic rewards which include but are not limited to our benefits listed here:
• Very Competitive Pay for the non-profit sector • Generous Employee Benefits Package • Maternity and Parental Leave • 403b Program • Paid Holidays
Residents of Newark, New Jersey are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Newark” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Working At Keep America Beautiful
Keep America Beautiful has embraced a remote work policy to attract the best and brightest from all over America. If you live within 60 miles of Stamford, you will work at our national headquarters. Keep America Beautiful’s national headquarters is walking distance from the Stamford Metro-North train station with a shuttle bus also available. The office features a free parking garage and gym in the building and is conveniently located near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
what you will get
You will be a member of a passionate team dedicated to the fulfillment of KAB’s mission. Just as KAB envisions a country in which every community is a clean, green, and a beautiful place to live, we also strive for our organization to be a beautiful place to work. We believe that it is intrinsic rewards that motivate employees sustainably, but respect the need for extrinsic rewards which would include but are not limited to our benefits listed here
- Very Competitive Pay for the non-profit sector
- Generous Employee Benefits Package
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 403b Program
- Paid Holidays
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As the largest community improvement organization in the United States, with affiliate organizations in hundreds of diverse neighborhoods across the country, Keep America Beautiful® confirms our belief a beautiful America is not only clean and green but also an environment where empathy and justice guide us all.
We believe a beautiful America is made up of proud communities and unique, interconnected people – and that diversity, inclusion, compassion, caring, equity, and justice are tenets of a better society for everyone. These are challenging times in our nation’s history. We need courage and hope, along with concerted and peaceful action.
As part of our operational values, Keep America Beautiful has developed the following diversity and inclusion statements to honor and celebrate our differences:
For Keep America Beautiful, diversity and inclusion mean recognizing and appreciating the uniqueness of everyone; treating individuals with equity and integrity.
Keep America Beautiful aims to create a welcoming work environment where individuals can thrive, contribute, and be respected in their perspectives, without bias.
Individual Action Center
Partners for Change
YOUR DONATION IN ACTION
Your generosity allows us to expand our program offerings, fund community improvement projects from coast to coast, and provide the means needed to make meaningful and lasting impact in local communities across the U.S.