America Recycles Day® officially takes place this Sunday, Nov. 15! America Recycles Day (ARD) is a Keep America Beautiful® national program and the only nationally recognized day dedicated to celebrating and promoting recycling.
This year, ARD focuses on individual action and highlights the actions we can all take to collectively address the challenges facing our nation’s recycling system. On Nov. 15, and throughout the year, we encourage everyone to make it a priority to reduce, reuse, repurpose, and recycle at home, work, and on the go.
Here are 5 ways you can participate in America Recycles Day:
- Show your commitment to recycling by taking the #BeRecycled Pledge. If you’ve already taken the pledge, challenge 3 friends to take the pledge, too. Download our social media toolkit to help spread the word.
- Sign up to participate in a local recycling event or host your own! Find and register events here. If there are no events in your area, click here to find a Keep America Beautiful affiliate near you.
- Join us virtually! Michelob ULTRA, an ARD sponsor, is partnering with Keep America Beautiful on a virtual plogging initiative called A World Worth Running dedicated to ending littering and improving recycling. Pick any site in your community to plog through Sunday, Nov. 22. Learn more and register for free here. Please note that you must be 21+ to participate in ULTRA’s virtual plog.
- Learn what materials you can and can’t recycle locally. Find local recycling information here. Click here to download our recycling tip sheet.
- Take the America Recycles Day quiz to test your recycling knowledge. Click here to get started.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we remind all participants and event organizers to follow state and local health guidelines, as well as wear face coverings and properly sanitize hands following events.
Sponsors of this year’s America Recycles Day include Title Sponsor Cox Enterprises, as well as International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) and Michelob ULTRA.