Keep America Beautiful does not require you to register or furnish any personal information as a condition of using our sites. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our sites.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected by Keep America Beautiful;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THAT INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Personal Information may be collected via the internet, by phone, using our apps, in person, by email, in writing or in any other way;
- We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number when you become a financial supporter, inquire about our activities and services, engage with our social media, download and install one of our apps, make a donation, sign up to receive emails, create an online account, purchase something from us, participate in surveys, questionnaires or promotions, register for or engage in one of our events, or otherwise provide us with personal information that may be used by Keep America Beautiful to deliver its services;
- We or our service providers may collect payment card or similar information when you provide it in connection with a purchase, donation or other form of transaction;
- We or our service providers may capture the IP address and ID of the device(s) you use to connect to our websites and mobile apps. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information; and
- We may later associate the usage and other information we collect online with personal information about you.
- Keep America Beautiful may provide its users with chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- We do not usually collect ‘sensitive personal data’ from you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as where we need this information to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support, to enable you to enjoy everything we offer. Examples of sensitive personal data we may hold could include health information that comes as a result of knowing your access or other requirements when engaging with our events, activities and programs, your gender from your title or name, or religious information that comes as a result of knowing your dietary requirements for any hospitality or catered events that you partake in with us.
The information we collect may be used in a number of ways, including:
- Processing transactions;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services;
- Providing you content and marketing messages;
- Reaching out to you with requests for your support, surveys and/or questionnaires;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs;
- For security purposes, your safety and the safety of others (for example, CCTV footage);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Keep America Beautiful has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Except as set forth herein, Keep America Beautiful will neither trade, share, sell, rent or transmit your personal information to other organizations, companies or individuals, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Our service providers, including credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations;
- Third parties with whom we engage for marketing initiatives;
- Other Keep America Beautiful operated and affiliated websites, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Member organizations of our Keep America Beautiful national affiliate network; and
- Other third parties to comply with legal requirements such as the demands of applicable subpoenas and court orders; to address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may also share information to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary than the reason(s) for which it was collected requires.
All information provided to Keep America Beautiful is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Keep America Beautiful. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
OPT-OUT OF FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt-out from future communications at any time using the links provided in the footer of all outgoing Keep America Beautiful communications (such as email newsletters, fundraising appeals, etc.). If you have created a user account on our site, you can customize your preferences on your user profile page at any time. You may also remove your name from our lists by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights that you can exercise under certain circumstances with respect to your Personal Information that Keep America Beautiful holds. These include your rights to:
- Request access to your Personal Information;
- Request certain information related to the processing of your Personal Information;
- Correct any incorrect Personal Data maintained by us;
- Request that the we erase your Personal Information or cease processing it;
- object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- Withdraw any consent to processing that you previously gave; and
- Instruct Keep America Beautiful to cease using your data for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to exercise one or more of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Keep America Beautiful may need to request specific information from you to help confirm your identity and ensure your right to access Personal Information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Keep America Beautiful
1010 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.