Advance Our Mission
All Keep America Beautiful® programs and services are made possible through the generosity and commitment of corporations and their employees, foundations and people like you — caring individuals from all across our beautiful land.
Your financial support allows us to expand our program offerings, fund community improvement projects from coast to coast, and provide the means needed to make meaningful and lasting impact in local communities across the U.S. Help Keep America Beautiful advance its mission and continue to build on its legacy of education, behavior change, and collective action by supporting us today.
Click here to see how donations are used.
of streets, roads, and highways cleaned, improved or beautified
of litter and debris collected, as well as recyclables
of volunteering in Keep America Beautiful affiliate programs
Ways to Support Keep America Beautiful
Make a Planned Gift
Thanks to individuals like you, Keep America Beautiful is the nation’s nonprofit leader in improving and beautifying communities across America.
Your legacy gift will support efforts to build and maintain clean, green, and beautiful spaces for generations to come.
Forever Beautiful Society
Keep America Beautiful established the Forever Beautiful Society to honor individuals who choose to leave a legacy gift to Keep America Beautiful or one of its affiliates. The legacy that you create is unique and personal. Keep America Beautiful staff is available to speak with you about how you can achieve your philanthropic goals with a planned gift.
We invite you to join the Forever Beautiful Society.
Contact Tim Brown at email@example.com to learn more.
Ways to Give a Legacy Gift
Below are the most common ways to leave a legacy gift:
- Bequest: A bequest from either a will or trust lets you pass any amount you wish to Keep America Beautiful or an affiliate, free of estate tax. You can choose to leave cash, a percentage of your estate, or a percentage of a specific asset. Because bequests do not come to Keep America Beautiful or an affiliate until after your lifetime, you can leave a legacy without giving up assets today.
- If you would like to make a bequest, please consult your attorney. Here is sample language for consideration: “Keep America Beautiful (or the name of an affiliate) is to receive the sum of $_________ and/or _______percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate. This bequest is unrestricted.”
- If there is a restriction, please describe the restriction.
- Your attorney may ask for the Tax ID number for Keep America Beautiful and it is 13-1761633. Each affiliate has its own Tax ID number, which they can easily provide.
- Beneficiary Designation of a Retirement Plan, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b): Most retirement plan assets are costly for heirs to inherit because they may face double taxation. Qualified retirement plan funds can be designated to Keep America Beautiful or an affiliate tax-free. You can make Keep America Beautiful or an affiliate a partial or full beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- These gifts are simple to complete, requiring only a beneficiary designation form that can be obtained from your plan administrator.
- Beneficiary Designation of a Life Insurance Policy: You can designate Keep America Beautiful or an affiliate as a partial or full beneficiary of a life insurance policy and, as a result, make a considerably larger gift than if you were to donate the cash equivalent of the policy’s premiums.
- These gifts are simple to complete, requiring only a beneficiary designation form that can be obtained from your life insurance company.
Make a Gift of Stock
There are several advantages to making a donation of appreciated stock to Keep America Beautiful. You will not incur capital gains tax and you may receive a charitable tax deduction for the full value of the stock.
Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
Keep America Beautiful accepts QCDs from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). If you are required to make annual withdrawals from your IRA, the QCD can satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution and exclude the funds from your taxable income.
Contact Tim Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to make a QCD.
Give From Your Donor-Advised Fund
Keep America Beautiful accepts gifts from your donor-advised fund (DAF). A DAF is like a charitable savings account created by an individual or family through which money can be sent to charities like Keep America Beautiful. DAFs are growing in popularity and they provide an immediate tax benefit to the donor.
Additional Ways to Support Keep America Beautiful
- Give While You Shop: AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Keep America Beautiful. Support us every time you shop by adding the Smilematic extension to your browser to automatically be smile.amazon.com every time you shop Amazon.
- Donate Your Vehicle: The Keep America Beautiful Vehicle Donation Program, through CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services), provides an alternate opportunity for you to donate to Keep America Beautiful. It offers a tax-deductible way to dispose of unwanted vehicles (running or not) including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. Vehicle donation pick-up is always free to you and most vehicles can be picked up within 24-72 hours. Click here to learn more and donate.
- Facebook Fundraiser: A Facebook fundraiser allows individuals to raise donations for Keep America Beautiful directly through the Facebook platform. Money raised for nonprofit organizations is paid out to the organization, not a specific person. Nonprofits receive 100% of the donations made on Facebook. Facebook charges no fees for donations made to nonprofits. Create your Facebook fundraiser for Keep America Beautiful today!