Advance Our Mission
All Keep America Beautiful® programs and services are made possible through the generosity and commitment of corporations and their employees, foundations and people like you — caring individuals from all across our beautiful land.
Your financial support allows us to expand our program offerings, fund community improvement projects from coast to coast, and provide the means needed to make meaningful and lasting impact in local communities across the U.S. Help Keep America Beautiful advance its mission and continue to build on its legacy of education, behavior change, and collective action by supporting us today.
Click here to see how donations are used.
of streets, roads, and highways cleaned, improved or beautified
of litter and debris collected, as well as recyclables
of volunteering in Keep America Beautiful affiliate programs
Other Ways to Help Keep America Beautiful
- Give While You Shop: AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Keep America Beautiful. Support us every time you shop by adding the Smilematic extension to your browser to automatically be smile.amazon.com every time you shop Amazon.
- Planned Giving: Create a lasting legacy. Would you like to give to others in a lasting way? You can fulfill your financial goals and help KAB, keep America clean, green, and beautiful. Your thoughtful legacy gift will support the sustainability of KAB and its community affiliate network. Please consult your financial advisor/attorney and contact Blambie@kab.org at KAB, so we can credit you for your thoughtful gift.
- Leave a gift in your will – Support our independence for future generations
- Name KAB as a charity beneficiary of IRA – A simple way to support our mission without changing your will or living trust
- Give charitable gift annuities – Help ensure our stability without sacrificing yours
- Making a Bequest: The simplest method of planned giving is to leave a bequest in your will. A bequest is a written intention that a certain amount of money or property will be given to KAB upon your passing. Bequests are not subject to estate tax, so 100% of the gift will go towards our work. Please consult your financial advisor/attorney and contact Blambie@kab.org at KAB, so we can credit you for your thoughtful gift.
- Gifts of Stock: Making a gift of stock is a simple and powerful way to help us achieve our vision. Shares of stock may be delivered via electronic transfer or mail delivery. For more information or to make a gift of stock, please consult your financial advisor/attorney and contact Blambie@kab.org at KAB. It also offers a number of financial benefits and effectively decreases the cost to you:
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
- Retirement Benefits: As a tax-exempt organization, KAB can benefit from 100% of a gift, unlike a non-charitable organization beneficiary who would be responsible for estate and income tax on your IRA. To guarantee your savings go the furthest, and support the communities, designate KAB as your retirement benefits beneficiary today. Please consult your financial advisor/attorney and contact Blambie@kab.org at KAB, so we can credit you for your thoughtful gift.
- Life Insurance: To make KAB a beneficiary of your life insurance proceeds upon your passing, simply ask your life insurance agent for a change of beneficiary designation form. As with a direct bequest, KAB can be a beneficiary of a specific amount, a percentage or remainder of shares after other beneficiaries in both cases. Please consult your insurance agent/attorney and contact Blambie@kab.org at KAB, so we can credit you for your thoughtful gift.
- Monthly & Workplace Giving: Make an even bigger impact by joining our monthly giving or your employee gift-matching program at your workplace. A matching gift is part of a company’s philanthropic initiatives that reward charitable donations. It occurs when an employee donates to a non-profit organization and the employer will also donate to that organization, most often dollar for dollar. Many companies will also let you set up automatic, tax-deductible donations from your paycheck. It’s a no-fuss way to donate, and it gives our teams the reliable support to keep America clean, green and beautiful for the next generation. Ask your company’s human resources department how you can support our work through payroll deductions.
- Donate Your Vehicles: The Keep America Beautiful Vehicle Donation Program, through Insurance Auto Auctions’ Donation Division, provides an alternate opportunity for you to donate to Keep America Beautiful. It offers a tax-deductible way to dispose of unwanted vehicles in almost any condition, including cars, trucks, boats, tractors, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, RVs as well as construction, farm, and other heavy equipment. The program is available in all 50 states. Click here to learn more and donate. Please contact Blambie@kab.org, so we can thank you for your generous gift.
- Real Estate & More: We welcome inquiries, the inclusion of Keep America Beautiful in your estate planning, or the increasingly popular charitable vehicle, donor-advised funds. Please contact Bali Lambie-Boyer, Senior Development Director, Special Initiatives, at 203.659.3038 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to help you get started.
Jim Smith Memorial Fund
Keep America Beautiful has lost a valuable volunteer. Jim Smith (1945-2020) was a significant support to his wife Sue Smith as she took up the job of Keep America Beautiful Education Director in 1991. After an early retirement in 2001, Jim traveled, trained, and advised many in the Keep America Beautiful affiliate network. He never missed a state or national conference, often serving as the “go-to” guy for all things “tech.”
“Jim was beloved by many throughout the Keep America Beautiful family,” said Becky Lyons, Keep America Beautiful COO. “He volunteered his time and talent for over 25 years and left an indelible mark on the hearts of all that knew him.”
Funds raised through the Jim Smith Memorial Fund will be used to support Keep America Beautiful affiliate education.