TOMRA, a leading manufacturer of reverse vending solutions for collecting, reusing and recycling cans and bottles, is supporting Keep America Beautiful through a series of Earth Day events at partner retail locations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York and Vermont.
For every bottle and container recycled through TOMRA’s reverse vending machines (RVMs) on Earth Day, April 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at participating retailers, TOMRA will make a donation to Keep America Beautiful up to a total of $2,500. In the Northeast, the donation value is $.05 per container; in Michigan, the donation value is $.10 per container. The donation to Keep America Beautiful has no impact on the deposit refund given to consumers when the cans and bottles are returned to the RVMs.
“This Earth Day Initiative is an employee-driven program that aligns with TOMRA’s mission of leading the resource revolution,” said Dan DeSimone, Manager – Commercial Finance, TOMRA Collection Solutions North America, and Chair of the Corporate Social Responsibility committee. “We’d like to thank our retail partners and Keep America Beautiful for helping us offer shoppers a convenient and effective way to help the planet this Earth Day. When consumers arrive at the store to return their cans and bottles and get their weekly grocery shopping done, they also get to help a fantastic cause.”
The following retailers are participating in TOMRA’s Earth Day event:
- Big Y, 401 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484
- Forest Ave Redemption, 897 Forecast Ave. Portland, ME 04103
- Kroger, 47060 W Pontiac Trail Commerce Charter Twp., MI 48390
- ShopRite, 133-11 20th Ave, College Point, NY 11356
- ShopRite, 1730 Central Ave, Colonie, NY 12205
- Terrill Street Discount Beverage, 21 Terrill Street Rutland, VT 05701
- Wegmans, 675 Alberta Drive Williamsville, NY 14226
- Wegmans, 9102 Shops Way Northborough, MA 01532
Volunteers will be on site at each location to explain the program, including TOMRA’s mission to transform the way in which the world obtains, uses and reuses its resources and how Keep America Beautiful is working to End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America’s Communities.